Tech Alive Support
Help with Web Browsers
- The main Tech Alive web pages are designed for Netscape 4.x and higher
and Internet Explorer 5.0 and higher.
- Many Instructional Modules are designed for Netscape 6.0 and higher
and Internet Explorer 6.0 and higher.
- To determine the version of your web browser, go into the Help menu
and choose About.
- To enhance your browsing experience, maximize your browser window.
- Instructional Modules are optimized for 1024 x 768 screen resolution.
Lower resolutions will require scrolling. To determine the screen resolution
of a PC, right-click on the desktop and choose Properties. Select the
- Most rich content documents or external web links are designed to
open in a second browser window.
The philosophy of Tech Alive is not to exclude web visitors
based on their technical web resources, but to take advantage of new web
features that are beneficial to instruction and communication. We strive
to provide reasonable accomodation, and in many cases expanded accomodation,
to those with limited technical resources or having special needs.
Here are some benefits to upgrading your browser to a
- You can select from among different types of style sheets within some
of the Instructional Modules. These styles are intended to enhance the
comfort and accessibility of your web browsing experience.
- Styles and layout are more consistent and attractive.
- Font sizes are easier to adjust.
We realize it is not always possible or desirable to upgrade your browser.
In many cases you can get around font, layout, and scripting problems
by overriding settings inside your older browser.